2020 was a year of staying home and all. I was literally without makeup for most of 2020. I love makeup but I don’t use it too often and in 2020, I literally threw wearing makeup out the window. I was home anyways haha. I love a good skin, I mean who doesn’t? As much as I love makeup, I love rocking a makeup free look and so I always love making sure my skin is at it’s best. Here are some skincare habits to put into practice this year for an all round amazing skin.
1) WASH YOUR FACE AT LEAST ONCE A DAY: This is number one on the list because it is one of the most important tips to put in practice when looking to get a healthy skin. Water does wonders for the skin. It helps keep the skin hydrated. Throughout the day, your skin gets covered with dirt, dead skin and bacteria. Washing your face helps get rid of the aforementioned and it helps give your skin an even brighter glow!
2) EXFOLIATE YOUR SKIN: If you don’t already know, exfoliating your skin is the act of removing dead skin cells. The skin naturally sheds dead skin cells to make room for new cells every once in a while but sometimes, dead cells don’t shed completely which can result in dry, dull skin but exfoliating the skin helps completely remove dead skin cells.
3) APPLY SUNSCREEN: Sunscreen is very important for a healthy skin and for the overall appearance of your skin. There are so many benefits of applying sunscreen to your skin. Sunscreen helps keep your complexion even, it protects your skin against Ultraviolent rays from the sun and sunscreen is a must for an amazing skin.
4) DRINK LOTS OF WATER: Oh yea! water again. Water has numerous skin benefits. Whether, you apply it to your skin or drink it, water can help revive your skin, you heard right! The importance of drinking water can never be overemphasized! Incorporating a few glasses of water into your daily routine will certainly go a long way in rejuvenating your skin and so, if you aren’t already a water tank like I am haha, up your water game as having as little as 4-5 glasses of water a day could help a whole loooooot!
6) GET ENOUGH SLEEP: Sleep is bae! It’s funny how getting a good night’s rest can actually improve your overall wellbeing and even your skin. Studies have shown that not getting enough sleep is detrimental to your skin. Getting enough sleep can skyrocket your skin from a 0 to a 5. Getting enough sleep does help ensure a brighter, clearer and better skin, it improves your productivity as well and what could be better than doing something that not only improves your mood but gives you that glow as well!
7) DO NOT GO TO BED WITH MAKEUP ON: So many people are so guilty of this but it absolutely ruins the skin. I get it, you’ve had a long, stressful day and when you get home, all you wanna do is jump in bed but it is so important to wash makeup off your face before you go to bed. Sleeping with makeup on can lead to dull skin, a rash, your pores will get clogged, worse off you could get an infection from sleeping with makeup. Sleeping with makeup on can literally ruin your skin and so no matter how tired or stressed out you get, always go to bed without makeup.
8) DO AWAY WITH OR REDUCE JUNK FOOD: Yea we love junk food. Probably 80% of the people in the world are junk food eaters but you know what, if you really want to have a healthy skin and all, then you have to do away with junk food and start eating healthy. Junk food might be your favourite but it’s not healthy for the skin.
These are some skincare habits to put in practice for a healthier skin. What’s your go-to skincare practice? Which of the above will you try?