Yea!!! u read it right ORANGE PEEL FACE MASKS. We are in lockdown at the moment and your face could definitely use some face masks in your free time so I was like you know what I’m gonna give y’all one of my favourites which is the ORANGE PEEL FACE MASKS. The orange face mask is popular but not as popular as other facemasks and I could bet some of you have never heard of it before haha. Well at least you’ve heard of it now. So yea….
Oranges are citrus fruits just like limes, lemons, tangerines and the likes. They are one of the most popular fruits in the world and the botanical name for orange fruits is Citrus Sinesis. Oranges are a healthy source of fiber, vitamin A, B, C, antioxidants, potassium, copper, chlorine, calcium, phosphorus, folate, and magnesium. Oranges have numerous health benefits, skin benefits, hair benefits, and other incredible benefits. Oranges are very good for the skin and doing just as little as rubbing orange juice on your face can prevent acne, fine-lines, and even wrinkles. Also the Vitamin C in Oranges makes your skin brighter, fresher and healthier.
Orange peels are often considered as waste and they mostly end up in the trash. However, they are rich in phytochemicals and, therefore, highly beneficial for the skin and general health. Oranges are widely used in beauty products for brightening and rejuvenating the skin but most people are completely unaware of the fact that orange peels can be more effective than the orange itself for brightening and rejuvenating the skin.
Orange peel powder is effective for preventing saggy skin, unclogging skin pores, removing dirt and dead cells on the skin and they also deal with oily skin. Orange peels can be eaten and though they aren’t as delicious and sweet as the orange itself (the orange pulp) they are also packed with nutrients. Though the use of orange peels for skin and beauty purposes may sound odd they are extremely effective.
Orange are a primary ingredients in both homemade and commercial face masks, some soaps, fragrance, hair conditioners and all. Oranges help keep the skin hydrated. Countless beauty products like face masks, perfumes, deodorants, detergent, shampoos have oranges as one of their ingredients.
HOW TO MAKE ORANGE PEEL POWDER OR ORANGE ZEST POWDER
Making an orange peel powder is extremely simple and easy to do as all you need are oranges. Below are detailed steps on how to make an orange peel powder.
1) To make orange peel powder, save up orange peels from the oranges you eat, peel off the thin orange colored layer (the surface layer of the peel called the flavedo or zest) and wash the flavedo or zest with warm distilled water. Remove or avoid the white fibrous part on the inside of the peel called the albedo. It is very important to use oranges with healthy skin.
2) Spread the orange peels or zest in a tray and place them in an area that receives plenty of sunshine. Leave them there until they are properly and thoroughly dried (most times this takes about 1-2 days but it could take even more days in cold, cloudy weather). Thorough drying is very important because moisture allows mold growth and mold growth makes this powder unusable. Proper drying of orange peels or orange zest is a very important step to obtaining good results. It is also very important to note that if you are leaving the orange peels outdoors, you should cover them with a thin cloth to protect them from bacteria, dirt, insects, flies and other contaminants.
3)Place your orange peels or zest in a blender or food processor (NOTE: do not add water) and blend them into fine powder.
4) Lastly, store your sun-dried orange zest powder in an airtight glass container or jar. Properly dried orange powder stored in an airtight jar or glass container in a cool, dry place can last for many months. The quality of the orange zest powder decreases over time due to evaporation of the essential oil and so it is best used freshly prepared….
ORANGE PEEL FACE MASKS
1) Orange peel face mask for bright skin:
Oh my God! I wish you guys could know how much i love
this mask I am about to share with you. The importance of this mask cannot be overemphasized. This is my go to mask for a clear bright skin and it totally works for me! So here it is.
1) A pinch of tumeric – Tumerics have multiple beauty benefits ranging from their antibacterial properties, anti-fungal properties, to their ability to brighten the skin. Tumerics are very useful beauty products and help give you a glowing, radiant and glimmering skin.
2) 1 teaspoon of honey – Honey helps the skin absorb and retain moisture and studies have also shown that raw honey hydrates the skin leaving it radiant, soft and glowing.
3) 1 teaspoon orange peel powder
- Mix the orange peel powder and a pinch of tumeric.
- After that add 1 teaspoon of honey to the orange peel powder and tumeric mixture and make a smooth fine paste.
- Wash your face thoroughly with a mild cleanser and lukewarm water for some minutes and then dry your face with a towel.
- Apply the mixture to your already cleansed face. Let the mask stay for 15 minutes and then rinse your face with lukewarm water.
2) Orange peel face mask for oily skin:
I totally love this orange peel face mask
. I don’t have an oily skin but there are times when my skin gets oily. This face mask does not only helps with oily skin. It also leaves my skin mosturized all through the day.
1) 2 teaspoons of coconut oil – Coconut oil is highly antibacterial and anti-fungal and it hydrates, mosturizes and nourishes all skin types.
2) 1 teaspoon of milk – Milk removes fats from oily areas and mosturizes dry skin areas. It also nourishes the skin with vitamin and minerals leaving the skin smooth and soft.
3) 1 teaspoon of orange peel powder –
Orange peel powder.
- Mix all the above ingredients until a thick mixture is formed.
- Steam your face to open up your pores. Steaming your face leaves your pores wide open.
HOW TO STEAM YOUR FACE
- Bring a small pot of water to boil
- Wash your face with lukewarm water using a gentle or mild cleanser. Make sure to remove all your makeup, oil or dirt on the surface of your skin. It is extremely important that your skin is clean when you steam it. When you steam your skin, the pores on your skin will be wide open and if you have dirt or makeup on your skin, it could cause irritation.
- Dry your face with a soft towel
- Pour the steaming water into a ceramic or glass bowl but not a plastic bowl so that plastic molecules do not get involved in your facial steam!
- Add essential oils and herbs.
- Place your face close to the steaming water and steam your face with a towel over your head for about 10 minutes.
After steaming your face, apply the mixture onto your face in a circular motion. Let the mask stay for 15 minutes and after 15 minutes, thoroughly rinse your face, dry it gently with a towel and Voila!
BENEFITS OF ORANGE PEEL MASKS
1) They help lighten dark spots
2) Natural skin toners
3) Fight and prevent blackheads, whiteheads, acne, and pimples
4) They brighten and lighten the skin
5) They fight against ageing.
Orange peel masks are very safe to use and natural but they may trigger an adverse reaction on your skin and it is very important to immediately wash off the orange peel mask if you get a burning sensation, stinging sensation or skin irritation (Note: If you get a rash, burning sensation, stinging sensation or skin irritation when you apply the orange peel face mask, please do not wait for the stipulated time (15 minutes). Wash it off immediately! and if you keep getting a rash, burning sensation, stinging sensation or skin irritation due to the application of the orange peel face mask, see a dermatologist)
Here are two types of orange peel masks I use to give my skin a nice treat and to keep my skin radiant, oil free, and mosturized. Have you used an orange face mask before? If yes how was it? If no, would you be willing to give it a try? Let me know. x!