Hello beautiful people! Who missed me? It’s been a while since I last posted on here. I took a blogging break. Took some time off blogging you know. Ever since I created this blog in November 2020, I haven’t taken a break until lately. I decided to take a break, give myself some rest (I juggle blogging with university and it’s stressful as hell), and channel my energy to some other important parts of my life.
I have always been scared of taking a blogging break because I felt as a blogger, people forget you if you don’t post. I didn’t want to go on a blogging break and come back only to find that I and my blog have been forgotten haha. Due to the fact that I didn’t want me and my blog to be forgotten, I was kinda hesitant to take a break but I took the big step anyways. And it was very much worth it.
IT’S OKAY TO TAKE A BREAK FROM BLOGGING
Taking a blogging break can be quite a challenging step to take. I have to admit that taking a break from blogging is not as easy as taking a break from any other thing. Most times, we get so obsessed with making our blog a huge success that we start to lose track of other things that really matter in life. But here’s a thing! Taking a blogging break is not bad, it’s necessary. There’s no need to feel guilty for taking time off. It is very much okay to take a break from blogging. In the end you matter. Taking a break off blogging is crucial for you and your mental health. So yea! Take a break off blogging whenever you get the chance.
WHAT DID I GAIN FROM THE BREAK?
1) I focused on parts of my life that I have been ignoring
Blogging is very stressful and time consuming. Even more, it can be overwhelming. I’m obsessed with my blog. I love my blog so much that I ended up pouring so much time and energy into it while letting other important things suffer. But taking a break gave me time to work on other parts of my life that were ignored.
2) I was able to work on my mental health
If there’s one thing I love about taking breaks, it’s the fact that it helps you focus more on your mental health. During the break, I was able to work on and improve my mental health.
3) I had time to reflect on my goals
Since the begin of this year, I have been so busy with school and blogging that I didn’t really have time to reflect on my goals. But during the break, I reflected on my goals, re-strategized and thought of new ways in which I could bring those goals to life.
WHAT DID I DO DURING THE BREAK
1) I took a step back and reflected on my life in general.
2) I rested as much as I could.
3) I worked on my blog backstage. I optimized for SEO. Updated posts. I updated every single post I published from November (when I started my blog) till now.
4) After reflecting on my life, I made some changes here and there and decided to do things a little differently.
5) I learnt some things about blogging and SEO.
WHY SHOULD YOU TAKE A BLOGGING BREAK
1) You’ll have more time to focus on you and your mental health and you’ll have time to rest as well: Most times, we get caught up with life, blogging and end up forgetting to take care of ourselves and our mental health but taking a break gives you time to take care of yourself and your mental health. It gives you time to rest as well.
2) You’ll be able to reflect on your goals and re-strategize: Taking time off blogging helps you reflect on your goals, re-strategize and see ways in which you can bring your goals to life.
3) Taking a break clears your mind: Taking a break will clear your mind making it easy for you to come up with fresh ideas, plans and strategies that will help you grow your blog. During the break, I came up with some splendid ideas that I never thought of before. I was marveled by how much great ideas kept popping into my head haha. And those ideas will be coming to life ASAP.
4) It helps avoid burnout: If you are the type to blog for 1 year straight without taking a break, chances are at some point, you’ll burnout. But taking a break helps you prevent burnout.
5) It helps you be present and live in the moment instead of spending your whole day in front of a screen: Bloggers would agree with me that blogging can make you spend hours of your day fixed to a screen but taking a break off blogging will help you live more presently and in the moment.
A LITTLE UPDATE FOR THE MONTH OF JUNE
It’s funny how fast time flies. I can’t believe we are already in June. It seems like it was only yesterday that we started this year and boom! We are in June! I didn’t post anything in May but this month, I’ll be publishing a whole lot of helpful posts. I have some really fab posts scheduled for this month and I promise you’ll love it.
Also, this month, I will be adding two freebies to the freebie library. I bet you don’t want to miss out. I was blown away by the amount of people that subscribed to my newsletter after I posted that I started one and believe me I am beyond thankful. If you aren’t already subscribed to my newsletter, you can do that here! June is packed and I am so excited for it! Stay tuned.