Kindness is like the snow, it never fails to add beauty to what it covers. It is very important to show kindness wherever you go and in whatever you do.
The holiday season is filled with joy, great memories and happiness but, just as important as it is to enjoy yourself this holiday season, it is also important to show kindness to people and put a smile on someone’s face.
Today, I’ll be talking about ways to show kindness this holiday season! Below are some simple ways to show kindness this holiday season!
ways to show kindness this holiday season
1) Support small businesses.
2) Donate to charity.
3) Run an errand for someone.
4) Pay for someone’s meal.
5) Donate blood.
6) Give a gift card to the mail person, garbage person or delivery person.
7) Pay for someone’s coffee.
8) Thank someone in your life for the positive impact they have made in your life.
9) Give dinner to a beggar or homeless person.
Related reads: Amazing self care tips to practice this christmas
10) Visit the hospital and give little gifts to the patients.
11) Donate items, toys, food stuffs or clothing that are not in use.
12) Leave a small gift near your partner’s bed for him/her to find in the morning.
13) Offer to give someone a ride.
14) Smile at everyone.
15) Give the waitress/bartender a nice tip.
16) Bake some cookies and take them to an orphanage or places where people will still work during Christmas like hospitals, gas stations, etc.
17) Write a note to each member of your family telling them what you love about them.
18) Leave your child a small gift that you know he/she would love!
While the holidays are joyous and happy for many, the holidays can be really difficult for others. Showing kindness during this festive period can be extremely rewarding and it can completely brighten someone’s day.
So extend a helping hand, check in with people, let them know you care about them and try your best to put a smile on someone’s face!
There you have some simple ways to show kindness this holiday season. What is your favourite way of showing kindness during the festive season?